- The remodeling project must showcase a change in shape, form and/or function of the residence.
- You may re-enter a project that you previously had on the Remodeled Homes Tour. The copy in the project description must say something like: This remodel project was showcased in the 2018 Remodeled Homes Tour or…Back by popular demand, this kitchen remodel was showcased in the 2019 Remodeled Homes Tour.
- KC NARI members that are not full-service remodeling contractors may enter a home in the Remodeled Homes Tour, but the general contractor on the project must be a KC NARI member.
- Outdoor entry could be a patio, deck, three seasons room, outdoor kitchen, fire pit, pool, pool house/cabana, landscaping, lighting etc.
- Enter your own home if you’ve found the time to remodel it!
- Turn in signed Remodeler’s Contract, Homeowner’s Contract, Photographer Contract, and Application.
- Provide at least one “before” photo and one or two “after” photos. (Minimum 300 dpi. Please keep in mind that these photos need to be high resolution originals. Photos saved directly from the web will not be of adequate resolution.)
- Turn in written Project Description (100 words or less) via email to email@example.com.
- Each remodeling company entering a home in the Remodeled Homes Tour is directly responsible for obtaining permits, adhering to sign ordinances, etc. Jurisdictions all have different rules and regulations. It is your responsibility for doing the legwork as it pertains to permits and signage. (No Mission Hills homes or Corinth Downs subdivision in Prairie Village.)
- Company agrees to provide at least 2-4 people, with 2 people in the remodeled area, the entire hours of the Tour. (Have a lunch plan…brown bag it or ask someone to bring food in for you.)
- Company agrees to have a card table or suitable area, or surface set up by the entrance of the Tour home. One person will be stationed there to greet the public, handle admissions, and give directions as needed. Company will provide a cash box with seed money for change for people who purchase tickets at the door. (Approximately $100 in various denominations.) NARI also sells the tickets online and if your home is their first stop on the tour you will need to exchange their E-Ticket (example on next page), or show you their purchase on their phone for a real ticket. People do get a small savings if they purchase online versus at the door.
Tips/example of filling out the application
SAMPLE DIRECTIONS TO HOME:
I-35 to Shawnee Mission Parkway. Travel east to Ward Parkway. Turn right (or south) & go to W. 59th St. Turn left, then an immediate right onto W. 59th Terr., continue 2 blocks to home on the right.
SAMPLE PROJECT DESCRIPTION: (100 words or less, Space is limited —be descriptive…make it attractive like House Beautiful…can add suppliers in your 100-word description)
This beautiful Lakewood home was completely transformed to suit a busy family. The kitchen was totally reconfigured to hold a new island and breakfast nook. The master bathroom now includes larger shower, free standing tub and unique tile. The lower level underwent a comprehensive renovation. Slate floors were installed throughout the living area including the wet bar. The space also includes home theatre, work-out room, music room and remodeled bath. To complete the remodel, two new composite decks were constructed, overlooking the lake. Don’t miss this opportunity to see how our quality craftsmanship and creative design can change your home!
The award-winning team of Brown Remodeling & Restoration and Deatherage Home Designs maximized every square inch in this lovely Brookside whole house remodel. The designer creatively carved the existing long, rectangular master bedroom into four new spaces, featuring transitional finishes: new master bath, his & hers walk-in closets and a smaller bedroom. The original hall bathroom was also remodeled. Downstairs, three small rooms were redesigned into a mud room and beautiful, functional kitchen flowing comfortably from the dining room to the patio for indoor/outdoor entertaining. Don’t miss this updated, functional – yet affordable – award-winning project in one of Kansas City’s favorite neighborhoods!
SAMPLE COMPANY DESCRIPTION: (50 words or less—space is limited)
Schloegel Design Remodel is a NARI award winning Design Remodel firm in business for 25 years. We work with homeowners from concept to completion, and specialize in kitchens, bathrooms and room additions. “If you’ve remodeled before, then you know.”
MSC Enterprises Inc. is an award winning general contractor specializing in residential remodeling in the Kansas City metro. We focus on simplifying the remodeling process to keep you and your family as comfortable as possible during the construction. We strongly believe that Communication is the key to customer satisfaction!
Remodel Moore understands the unique challenges and opportunities of home remodeling. Working with clients as partners in the creative process, the professional, friendly crew combines expertise with quality work. Orion Design (residential interior design firm) listens to clients to create unique spaces, specializing in kitchen and bath design, interior architecture, and project coordination.
What do I get form KC NARI?
- Remodeled Homes Tour Programs
- 5 free tickets to hand out
- Tickets to sell plus ticket accounting form
- Highlighter to mark each ticket as they are handed to your front door ambassador
- Stack of current Remodeling Guides with holder
- Additional forms/signage (Habitat sign, front door, tally sheet, etc.)
- 1 yard sign and 6 or more directional signs to place at intersections/turning points