Who We Are
Since 2016 the Futures Fund of NARI KC has raised more than $175,000 to support Kansas City area trade programs. Formed to enhance and promote careers in the remodeling industry.
Our Mission: To enhance and promote careers in the remodeling industry.
- Enhance the public perception about careers in the remodeling industry.
- Create opportunities for those looking for rewarding careers to experience and understand the career paths and rewards within the remodeling industry.
- Work with the community and secondary schools to prioritize education and training in skills important to the remodeling industry.
- Provide resources to assist individuals that show interest in establishing a career I the remodeling industry through education, training and exposure to remodeling contractors, subcontractors, and suppliers.
- 14 local trade programs have received over $125,000 in grants to support the purchase of tools and equipment for the classroom or specific projects.
- Members of NARI KC have given more than a 1300 hours of volunteer time to support future trades workers in the classroom and by offering job shadowing at their company.
- $50,000 dollars of in-kind value donated to schools in materials and tools by NARI KC members.
- Students are connected to NARI KC companies that have job opportunities at the annual NARI KC job fair. (May 17, 2023)
- Explore opportunities to support the initiatives of the NARI KC Workforce Development Council.
- Develop and educate young people about a career path vs having a job in the trades.
- Brand working in the remodeling industry as an attractive career path by developing craftsperson skills and financial freedom.
Why We Do It
In October 2017, the US Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) released the projections overview and highlights for 2016-26. In the report it stated “Changing demographics in the population will have far-reaching effects on the labor force, the economy, and employment over the 2016–26 decade. The overall labor force participation rate is projected to decline as older workers leave the labor force, constraining economic growth. The aging baby-boomer segment of the population will drive demand for healthcare services and related occupations.”
What BLS didn’t predict was the pandemic, the technology influence and midlife career changes that were going to take place. Futures Fund of NARI KC was designed to help the remodeling industry support the development of future workforce.