The Workforce Development Council develops programs that will educate, develop and inspire the future remodeling workforce.
Our Association is committed to developing future workers for the remodeling industry. Working in remodeling offers opportunities to entrepreneurs, artistic talent, problem solving, mechanical skills working with your hands or in an office. The remodeling industry offers a viable high pay career path.
What we know about the remodeling industry workforce:
• 63% of remodelers own a business
• 2.5M job openings in the remodeling industry in the US
• 73% of our members have open positions
• Some remodeling companies offer internships and paid tuition for continuing education.
Association Workforce Development Programs
• School Participation: We have a network of business owners, operations executives, carpenters, electricians, plumbing, floor installers, estimators, sales representatives and many other career-minded remodeling professionals, that are willing to participate in speaking to students and exhibiting at career fairs in and around the Kansas City area. Participation is based on availability and request should include, date, time, location, number of students expected to participate and details of the appearance to email@example.com.
• Job Shadowing: Our Association members support high school students that are in trade programs with a desire to explore career opportunities. This is a nonpaid, observing only, one day experience that will give students the opportunity to shadow a leader in a professional trade’s environment.
• Internship: Our Association has members that offer paid internships. Students that are interested, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and a participating company will be in touch with you to do an interview.