Workforce Development Council
The NARI Kansas City workforce development council develops programs that will educate, develop, and inspire the future remodeling workforce.
Council Members Responsibilities:
1. Serves in an advisory role to guide the council.
2. Expresses ideas and provides input.
3. Actively participates in meetings, contributing to the discussion, brainstorming, and sharing innovative ideas.
Workforce Development Council Action Items:
1. Create a strategy that supports local association collaboration of the council’s efforts.
2. Create a marketing strategy that impacts students in high school and trade schools.
3. Create a strategy to educate parents about the working in the remodeling industry.
4. Create a strategy to raise funds to hire a grant writer.
5. Develop a process to capture data about the workforce development efforts in the Kansas City area.
6. Provide Board of Directors reports of actions, discussions, and recommendations.
7. Recommend 2024 workforce development council programs.
List of those currently on the Workforce Development Council:
• Allen Deuschle, CR – Kansas City Remodel & Handman Allen LLC
• Billie Deatherage, CKD – Deatherage Home Designs
• John Bruce – Outdoor Lighting Perspectives
• Karen Hughey – KR-HR
• Sean DeSouza, CR – Excellence In Construction
• Ted Kincaid, CRPM, CLC – Black Oak Construction, LLC
• Trevor Burns – McCray Lumber & Millwork